About Tofu Balado
Tofu Balado is dishes made from the basic ingredients of Tofu, red chili, red onions. The term Balado comes from the Padang language, West Sumatra, Indonesia, which means food using crushed red chili. This food is eaten together with rice and vegetables. In addition to fish and chili, other ingredients used are lime or tomato, and red onions. Its spicy taste makes Balado fish much liked by people who like spicy. And now the term Balado is not only used by people in West Sumatra but also throughout Indonesia.
The presence of red chili and lime or tomato makes this dish contains a lot of vitamin C and Provitamin A which is useful in maintaining eye and skin health. Thus Balado fish dishes are very healthy and nutritious to be made side dishes with rice and vegetables.
Materials used in the manufacture of Tofu Balado :
- 500 g of Tofu
- 100 grams of red chili
- 20 grams of red cayenne pepper
- 10 pieces of red onions
- 2 pieces of lime or 3 large size tomatoes.
- The right amount of oil
- Salt to taste
Steps taken for the manufacture of Tofu Balado:
- Cut the Tofu to taste. Wash with clean water. Soak with salt water for about 3 minutes, dry, then fry until cooked.
- Boil red peppers, red cayenne peppers and red tomatoes when using tomatoes for sour taste.
- After red pepper, red cayenne pepper and tomatoes are boiled, then mashed.
- Add red onions, and salt, then puree again.
- Prepare the pan. Add cooking oil then heat it.
- Slice three onions. Put it in the hot oil in the pan. After the onion is yellow, and the map is cooked, add the red chili, red cayenne pepper and tomatoes that have been mashed. Add a little water. Stir until it is seen between oil and water that no longer separates. If you don’t use tomatoes, you can replace them with lime juice for the sour taste.
- Add the fried Tofu. Stir slowly so that the tofu doesn’t break. Delicious and nutritious Tofu Balado are ready to be served.
How to Serve Tofu Balado:
Place the Tofu Balado in a clean and dry dish. Serve with rice, vegetables, and other side dishes.