About Spicy Shrimp and Eggplant Balado
Spicy Shrimp and Eggplant Balado is a food made from Eggplant, Shrimp and red chili. The usual eggplant is purple eggplant. The term Balado is derived from the Padang language, West Sumatra, Indonesia, which means food using red peppers are mashed. These foods are eaten together with rice and vegetables. In addition to eggplant and chili, other ingredients used are lime or tomato, and onion. Its spicy flavor makes this Balado eggplant much preferred by people who like spicy.
Eggplant is a type of vegetables that many preferred by vegetarians. It contains phytonutrients that keep brain cell membranes that protect all forms of damage. Eggplant contains high fiber so it is good for digestion, heart health, and weight diet, also contains minerals and Vitamin E, so it is very good for skin health.
The existence of red and lime peppers or tomatoes make this dish contains many vitamin C and Provitamin A that serves as an antioxidant and good for eye health as well.
How To Make Spicy Shrimp and Eggplant Balado:
- 500 grams Shrimp
- 1 kg of purple eggplant
- 100 grams red chili
- 20 grams red cayenne pepper
- 10 pieces of red onions
- 2 pieces of Lime or 3 large Tomatoes.
- Cooking oil to taste
- The salt according to taste
- Water enough.
How to make :
- Clean the purple eggplant, cut to taste. Put it in a pan.
- Add water to wet.
- Add salt to taste. Leave on for 5 minutes. Boil red chili, red cayenne pepper, and tomato when using Tomato.
- After the red chili, red cayenne pepper and tomato boiled, then mashed.
- Add onion, and salt puree again.
- Take the shrimp, remove the head. Clean with water until the shrimp is clean.
- Fried eggplant that has been given salt all of it.
- Prepare the skillet. Enter the cooking oil then heat.
- Slice 3 red onions, put in the hot oil in the pan.
- After the yellow onion, enter the red chili, red cayenne pepper, and Tomato that has been mashed earlier. Add a little water. Stir until visible between oil and water is not separated. If you do not use tomatoes, can use lime to taste sour.
- Enter the shrimp, stir until the shrimp is cooked.
- Add the eggplant that has been fried earlier, Stir softly so that the eggplant is not destroyed. Spicy Shrimp and Eggplant Balado ready to serve
Serving method :
Serve Spicy Shrimp and Eggplant Balado in a clean, dry dish. Eat with rice and vegetables.