About Spicy Milkfish Balado :
Spicy Milkfish Balado is a dish made from the basic ingredients of Milkfish fish, red chili, tomatoes and red onions . In addition to Milkfish fish, we can also use other marine fish. The term Balado comes from the Padang language, West Sumatra, Indonesia, which means food using crushed red chili. This food is eaten together with rice and vegetables. In addition to fish and chili, other ingredients used are lime or tomato, and red onions. The spicy taste makes the Spicy Milkfish Balado much liked by people who like spicy. And now the term Balado is not only used by people in West Sumatra but also throughout Indonesia.
Fish is very good for heart health because it contains unsaturated fatty acids. Besides that fish also contain amino acids, vitamins, and minerals that are needed by our body.
The presence of red chili and lime or tomato makes this dish contains a lot of vitamin C and Provitamin A which is useful in maintaining eye and skin health. Thus Spicy Milkfish Balado dishes are very healthy and nutritious to be made side dishes with rice and vegetables.
Materials used in making Spicy Milkfish Balado
- 1 kg of Milkfish
- 100 grams of red chili
- 20 grams of red cayenne pepper
- 4 cm Turmeric
- 10 pieces of red onions
- 2 pieces of lime or 3 large size tomatoes.
- The right amount of oil
- Salt to taste
Steps were taken to manufacture Spicy Milkfish Balado:
- Cut the Milkfish according to taste, then remove the gills. Clean until there is no more fish blood left.
- Puree turmeric and salt. Mix with the fish that has been cleaned before. Leave for 15 minutes so that the seasoning permeates Milkfish.
- Boil red peppers, red cayenne peppers, and red tomatoes when using tomatoes for sour taste.
- After red pepper, red cayenne pepper and tomatoes are boiled, then mashed.
- Add Shallots, and Salt, then puree again.
- Fry all the seasoned fish.
- Prepare the pan. Add cooking oil then heat it.
- Slice three onions. Put it in the hot oil in the pan. Stir until the map is cooked.
- After the onion is yellow, add the red pepper, red cayenne pepper and tomatoes that have been mashed. Add a little water. Stir until it is seen between oil and water that no longer separates. If you don’t use tomatoes, you can replace them with lime juice for the sour taste.
- Add the fried Milkfish. Stir slowly so that the fried Milkfish doesn’t break. Spicy Milkfish Balado is delicious and nutritious ready to be served.
How to Serve Spicy Milkfish Balado:
Place the Spicy Milkfish Balado in a clean and dry dish. Serve with rice, vegetables, and other side dishes.