1. About Spicy Mendoan
Spicy Mendoan is a food made from as the main ingredient. Called Spicy Mendoan because there is red cayenne pepper in the dough so that if consumed will feel very spicy. Ordinary Spicy Mendoan is often made by people all over Indonesia. This food is a food that can be eaten directly, with yellow rice, plain white rice and often also eaten with soup. Spicy Mendoan is made from Tempe, then added with spices such as pepper, coriander, garlic, Leek, and celery. Especially for Spicy Mendoan added a small sliced cayenne pepper small.
Tempe contains many vegetable proteins, which are indispensable for the growth of new cellular tissues in our body. Cayenne pepper contains vitamin C which is also very needed for our health. So, Spicy Mendoan is a delicious and nutritious food. Read Too: Pergedel Kentang ( Potato Fritters )
2. The ingredients used in cooking Spicy Mendoan
- 1 medium Tempe, cut according to taste.
- 2 leeks, 1 teaspoon of Pepper,
- 5 cloves of garlic, puree,
- 2 stalks Celery,
- 5 pieces of red cayenne pepper, small pieces,
- Salt to taste,
- 1 tablespoon coriander,
- 200 grams of wheat flour,
- 50 grams of rice flour,
- Cooking oil to taste.
3. Step to make Spicy Mendoan
- Open the Tempe wrapper and then cut to taste.
- Wash the leek then finely sliced.
- Wash the celery then finely sliced. Puree garlic, pepper, and coriander.
- Combine wheat flour, rice flour, garlic, pepper and coriander that has been mashed with leek. Add the sliced celery.
- Add the red cayenne pepper that has been cut earlier.
- Add the fine salt. Add water, stir until blended, until the dough is half-thick.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan. Fry the dough that surprised already prepared earlier. Wait until golden yellow and then drain.
- A good, healthy and nutritious Spicy Mendoan is cooked, ready to serve.
4. How to serve Spicy Mendoan
Serve the Spicy Mendoan in a clean and dry dish. Serve directly or with soup. Add also a green cayenne pepper for the addition