1. About Kalio Ayam (Chicken Curry)
Kalio Ayam (Chicken Curry) is a dish made with chicken as the main ingredients added with fresh natural spice herbs. Kalio Ayam (Chicken Curry) is very famous in Padang West Sumatra, Indonesia. Kalio Ayam (Chicken Curry) is eaten with rice and vegetables as a side dish. The delicious taste is very inviting appetite. Other additives in the form of red chili, red cayenne pepper, turmeric, ginger, red onion, garlic, pepper, coriander, fruits, lime leaves, and lemongrass. These foods can also be mixed with vegetables such as kale.
The existence of the use of a lot of red chilies, making this dish contains many Vitamin C, provitamin A, and minerals that are needed by our bodies. Coupled with the existence of fresh chicken that becomes a source of protein and minerals add nutrients to this cuisine. Spices such as Turmeric and Ginger are also very beneficial for the body because of its content. This dish also does not use cooking oil so good for people with high blood pressure or for people with high cholesterol. Read too: Ayam Lado Mudo (Green Chilli Chicken)
2. Kalio Ayam (Chicken curry) Needs the following Ingredients:
- 1 kg of fresh chicken,
- 250 grams of red chili,
- 50 grams red cayenne pepper,
- 3 centimeters turmeric,
- 3 centimeters Ginger,
- 4 centimeters1 galangal,
- 10 pieces of red onion,
- 10 cloves of garlic,
- 2 pieces of turmeric leaves,
- 5 lime leaves,
- 2 stems of lemongrass,1 seed of the nutmeg,1 tablespoon coriander,1 teaspoon of pepper,
- coconut milk from 1 coconut,
- the salt according to taste, and sufficient water.
3. Step to Make Kalio Ayam (Chicken Curry)
- Chicken cleaned then cut the cube box
- Blend the red Chilli, red cayenne pepper, Turmeric, Ginger, Galangal, Onion, Garlic, Nutmeg, Pepper, and Coriander.
- Prepare the skillet. Insert chicken that is clean
- Enter the homogeneous spice. Stir well. Add the lime leaf clean, the turmeric leaves that is clean, the cleansed lemongrass, coconut milk and enough water until the chicken is submerged, and salt to taste.
- Heat over medium heat. Support slowly so the chicken is not destroyed. Wait until boil for 30 minutes and make sure the chicken is cooked. A delicious, healthy and nutritious Kalio Ayam (Chicken Curry) is ready to serve.
4. How to Serve Kalio Ayam (Chicken Curry)
Serve Kalio Ayam (Chicken Curry) in a clean and dry dish. Complete with rice and vegetables.