About Chicken Satay
Chicken Satay is a food made from fresh chicken chunks are given spice and baked with charcoal. chicken satay favorite food of the people of Indonesia. This food is served together Lontong (rice cake) and peanut sauce are very delicious. This food is very popular in Indonesia. Chicken satay is very tasty and delicious. The materials used are very easy to find in the market, so many who want to cook this chicken satay. Chicken satay becomes one of the favorite foods of children up to adults. Lontong ( rice cake )is a food made from rice, wrapped in banana leaves, then boiled until cooked. Chicken used must be fresh. It is a source of animal protein that our body needs. Read too : How To Make Dendeng Balado (Spicy Beef Jerky ) The Delicious And Nutritious.
The ingredients used in cooking Chicken Satay :
- 1 kg chicken breast (remove the skin and bone and then cut the dice)
- 5 tablespoons sweet soy sauce (spread)
- 2 tablespoons margarine (melted, for spread)
- 2 orange juice (if liked)
- Satay stick as needed
The ingredients for making peanut sauce:
- 350 ml of water
- 150 grams of fried peanuts (puree, can with a blender (finer) or pried yourself but a little rough
- 5 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to taste
- Cooking oil to taste (for sauteing)
Substances to be crushed to make peanut sauce:
- 5 red onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 10 pieces of red chili
- 4 pieces of red cayenne pepper
- 3 lime leaves
sliced green cayenne pepper, sliced red onion, and Lontong (Rice cake)
Step to Make peanut sauce Chicken Satay :
- The first step, heat the oil, then enter the spices are mashed ( red onion, garlic, red chili, red cayenne pepper, lime leaves) and stir-fry until fragrant.
- The second step, Enter grounded peanuts and water. Then cook until boiling and look thickened. Add pepper powder, salt, sweet soy sauce and mix well.
Step To Make Chicken Satay :
- The first step, wash chicken meat clean and then drain. Cut into small pieces. The skewer uses the satay stick
- The second step, melted margarine, then mixed with sweet soy sauce, stir until well blended. After that apply on chicken satay evenly.
- The third step, roast chicken sate using charcoal fire until half cooked, then lift. Next, dip it in peanut sauce and then bake it back until the chicken meat is cooked and looks brownish.
- Finally, serve chicken satay with peanut sauce and lime juice (if likes), then complete with, sliced red onion, sliced green cayenne pepper, and Lontong ( rice cake)