About Fried Chicken Padang
Fried Chicken Padang is a dish whose main ingredient is made from chicken added with fresh natural spices. This Fried Chicken is very famous in Padang, West Sumatra, even throughout Indonesia. This food is eaten with rice and vegetables as a side dish. Its delicious taste is very appetizing. The taste of fried chicken is very typical because its spices are abundant so it is very fragrant when fried.
Other additives include red chili, red cayenne pepper, turmeric, ginger, red onion, garlic, pepper, coriander, nutmeg, orange and lemongrass. The use of many red chilies makes this dish contains a lot of vitamin C, provitamin A and minerals that are needed by our body. Coupled with the presence of fresh chicken that is a source of protein and minerals adds to the nutrition of this dish. Spices such as Turmeric and Ginger are also very beneficial for the body because of their content. This cuisine also does not use cooking oil so it is good for people with high blood pressure or for people with high cholesterol.
Materials used for making Fried Chicken Padang:
- 1 kg of fresh chicken.
- 100 grams of red chili
- 20 grams of red cayenne pepper
- 3 cm Turmeric, clean the outside
- 3 cm Ginger, clean the outside
- 200 grams of galangal, clean the outside, then fine grate.
- 10 red onions
- 10 Garlic cloves
- 2 turmeric leaves
- 5 pieces of lime leaves
- 2 Lemongrass stems.
- 1 nutmeg seeds. 1 tablespoon of coriander, 1 teaspoon of Pepper, 1 egg.
- Salt to taste
- Enough water
Steps for making Padang Fried Chicken:
- Clean the chicken, then cut it according to taste.
- Puree red chili, red cayenne pepper, turmeric, ginger, red onion, garlic, nutmeg, pepper, and coriander.
- Prepare the pan. Saute the spices that were mashed up. Enter the chicken that has been cleaned. Stir well. Add orange leaves, turmeric leaves, lemongrass that has been washed.
- Add water until the chicken is submerged, grated galangal and salt to taste.
- Express on medium heat. Wait until it boils for 30 minutes and the water dries so that the spices are more absorbed into the chicken.
- When the chicken boiled water has dried, fry the chicken until it’s finished.
- Beat eggs, mix them with the rest of the chicken spices. Give about 50ml of water, heat to dry. Fry the dried spices until crisp and brown. Sprinkle over the fried chicken
How to Serve Fried Chicken Padang:
Serve Fried Chicken Padang in a clean and dry dish. Complete with rice and vegetables.