1. About Gulai Ikan (Fish Curry )
Gulai Ikan is a cuisine made from fish, especially sea fish plus fresh natural spice herbs. This food is highly favored by the people of Padang, West Sumatra, Indonesia. Commonly used fish are Grouper Fish, Snapper Fish, and Tuna Fish. This food is eaten with rice and vegetables as a side dish. The taste is spicy, sour, and savory coconut milk very inviting appetite. Other additives include Red Chili, Turmeric, Ginger, Red Onion. To taste the acid can use Kandis Acid or Lime or Tomato. It depends on the taste of the person making.
Red chili, lime, and tomatoes contain lots of Vitamin C, provitamin A, and minerals that are needed by our bodies. Vitamins and minerals are very useful for maintaining eye health and skin. Coupled with the presence of fresh marine fish that become a source of protein and minerals add nutrients to this dish. Spices such as Turmeric and Ginger are also very beneficial for the body because of its content. This dish also does not use cooking oil so good for people with high blood pressure or for people with high cholesterol. If you like spicy food read too:Beef Rendang
2. The ingredients used in cooking Gulai Ikan ( Fish Curry)
- 1 kg of grouper fish.
- 150 grams red chili.
- 50 grams red cayenne pepper.
- 3 centimeters turmeric.
- 3 centimeters Ginger.
- 10 pieces of red onion.
- 2 pieces of turmeric leaves,.
- 5 pieces of Kandis or 3 pieces of Lime or 5 large Tomatoes.
- Coconut milk from 1 coconut.
- the salt according to taste, and water enough.
3. Step to make Gulai Ikan ( Fish Curry )
- Clean the fish and then remove the gills.
- Cut into chunks and clean until no more fish blood.
- Blend the red Chili, red cayenne pepper, Turmeric, Ginger, and Red Onion.
- Prepare a clean skillet.
- Enter the fish that has been cleaned earlier.
- Enter also the spice that has been smoothed earlier.Stir slowly until smooth.
- Leave on for 5 minutes.
- Add Cleansed Kandis or lime juice, or sliced tomatoes, the turmeric leaves that have been washed, coconut milk and enough water until the fish is all submerged.
- Add salt according to taste.
- Heat over medium heat. Support slowly so the fish is not destroyed.
- Wait until boiling for 15 minutes and make sure the fish is cooked. The delicious, healthy and nutritious Gulai Ikan (Fish Curry ) is ready to serve.
4. How To Serve Gulai Ikan ( Fish Curry)
Put the Gulai Ikan ( Fish curry ) in a clean, dry dish. Serve with rice and vegetables.