1. About Chicken Soup
Chicken Soup is a dish made from chicken meat as the main ingredient plus fresh natural spice herbs. Chicken Soup is very famous throughout Indonesia. This food is eaten with rice and vegetables as a side dish. The delicious taste is very inviting appetite. Other additives in the form of Potatoes, Carrots, Ginger, Red onion, Garlic, Pepper, Nutmeg, lime leaves, Lemongrass, Garlic and Celery leaves add nutrients to this dish.
Carrots contain high fiber so it is great for the digestive system and heart health. In addition, carrots also contain Vitamin A is good for eye health and skin. Potatoes contain carbohydrates so they can be used for rice substitutes. Chicken contains Protein, Calcium, and Iron which is used for cell growth and red blood cell formation. Read too: Ayam Lado Mudo (Green Chilli Chicken)
2.The ingredients used in cooking Chicken Soup
- 1 fresh chicken, then cut to taste
- 250 grams of potatoes,
- 250 grams of carrots,
- 5 red cayenne pepper,
- 3 cm ginger and then clean the exterior,
- 10 grains of red onion,
- 10 cloves of garlic,
- 3 pieces of lime leaves,
- 1 lemongrass,1 seed of nutmeg,1 teaspoon of pepper,
- 2 seeds red tomatoes,
- 2 leeks, salt according to taste, and water enough.
3. Step to make Chicken Soup
- Clean chicken meat, then cut according to taste.
- Boil until tender. Remove the brown bubbles found on the surface of the chicken stew water. Puree ginger, garlic, nutmeg, and pepper. Enter it into the pan where the chicken is stewed. Stir well.
- Add the lemongrass that has been cleaned and washed. Heat until the chicken is tender. Clean potatoes, cut to taste. Enter into the pan with the chicken.
- Clean carrots, cut to taste. Enter into the pan with the chicken.
- Add salt according to taste. Clean red cayenne pepper, cut into two parts. Put it in the pan.
- Clean the leek, then cut into small pieces, put in the pan. Stir well. Clean tomatoes, cut into eight parts, go into the pot earlier. Wait for Carrots and Potatoes to mature.
- Clean red onion, then thinly sliced and then fried, Tomatoes, cut into eight parts, Celery, small little slice. Chicken Soup is ready to serve.
4. How to serve Chicken Soup
Serve Chicken Soup in a bowl. Add fried and celery onions. Eat with rice and other side dishes.