1. About Beef Rendang
Beef Rendang is a dish made from fresh beef. This food is the original food from Padang, West Sumatera, Indonesia. Now Beef Rendang is famous all over the world. Beef rendang is eaten with rice and vegetables as a side dish. The delicious taste of Beef Rendang is very inviting appetite. To make this Beef Rendang other ingredients used are red chili, red cayenne pepper, turmeric, ginger, red onion, garlic, pepper, coriander, nutmeg, lime leaves and lemongrass.
The existence of the use of red chili is many, making this dish contains many Vitamin C, provitamin A, and minerals that are needed by our bodies. Coupled with the existence of fresh beef which is a source of protein and minerals add nutrients to this dish. Spices like turmeric and ginger are also very beneficial for the body because of its content. This dish also does not use cooking oil so it is healthier. If you like spicy food read too: How to make Ikan Balado
2. The ingredients used in cooking Beef Rendang
- 1 kg of fresh Beef.
- 200 grams red chili.
- 50 grams red cayenne pepper.
- 3 centimeters Turmeric.
- 3 centimeters Ginger.
- 4 centimeters galangal.
- 10 pieces of red onion.
- 10 cloves of garlic.
- 2 pieces of turmeric leaves.
- 5 lime leaves.
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, 1 seed of the nutmeg, 1 tablespoon coriander, 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- 1 coconut, take the coconut milk.
- The salt according to taste.
- Sufficient water.
3. Step to make Beef Rendang
- Clean the beef. Cut to taste.
- Blend the red pepper, red cayenne pepper, turmeric, ginger, galangal, red onion, garlic, nutmeg, pepper, and coriander.
- Prepare the skillet. Add the cleaned beef. Enter also the spice that has been smoothed earlier. Stir well.
- Wash the lime leaves and add them to the mixture of the ingredients
- Add turmeric leaves, lemongrass that has been cleaned and washed, coconut milk, enough water until the beef is submerged all over, and salt to taste.
- Heat over low heat. Hold slowly.
- Wait until coconut thickens and is brownish.
- A delicious, healthy and nutritious Beef rendang is ready to serve.
4. How to serve Beef Rendang
Serve Beef Rendang in a clean, dry dish. Complete with rice and vegetables.