How about Spicy Chicken and Potatoes Balado
Spicy Chicken and Potatoes Balado Food is a food made from basic ingredients Chicken, Potato and red chili.
. These foods are eaten together with rice and vegetables. In addition to chicken, potato and chili, other ingredients used are lime or tomato, and red onion. Spicy flavor makes this Spicy Chicken and Potatoes Balado much preferred by people who like spicy. And now the term Balado is not only used by people in West Sumatra but also throughout Indonesia.
The existence of red and lime peppers or tomatoes make this dish contains many vitamin C and Provitamin A which is useful for maintaining eye health and skin. Spicy Chicken and Potatoes Balado is very healthy and nutritious to be a side dish with rice and vegetables.
How to Make Spicy Chicken and Potatoes Balado :
- 1 kg of Chicken.
- 150 grams of red chili
- 20 grams red cayenne pepper
- 4 cm Turmeric
- 3 cm Ginger, clean the exterior
- 10 grains of Onion
- 5 cloves of garlic .
- 5 lime leaves
- 2 stems of lemongrass.
- 1 seed of the nutmeg , 1 tablespoon Coriander
- 2 pieces of Lime or 3 large Tomatoes.
- 250 grams potatoes.
- Cooking oil to taste
- Salt according to taste
How to make :
- Cut the Chicken according to taste, then remove the gills. Clean until no more fish blood is left.
- Puree ginger, turmeric, pepper, nutmeg, coriander, onion , garlic, some chili and salt.
- Saute the spice, add the chicken. Add lemongrass and lime leaves . Stir until the chicken is cooked.
- Open the potato skin, cut it into 6 parts, then fry until cooked.
- Boil Red Chilli, red cayenne pepper, and red tomatoes when using Tomato to taste sour.
- After red chili, red chili pepper and tomato boiled, then mashed.
- Add onion, and Salt, then puree again.
- Fried chicken that has been cooked before.
- Prepare the skillet. Enter the cooking oil then heat.
- Sliced three onion grains. Put it in the hot oil that is in the pan.
- After the yellow onion, enter the red Chili, red pepper, and Tomato that has been mashed earlier. Add a little water. Stir until it is visible between oil and water is no longer separated. If not using tomatoes can be replaced by using lemon juice to taste sour.
- Add chicken and potatoes that have been fried earlier. Stir slowly so that the chicken and potatoes are not destroyed. A tasty, healthy and nutritious Spicy Chicken and Potatoes Balado is ready to serve.
Serving method :
Place Spicy Chicken and Potatoes Balado in a clean, dry dish. Serve with rice, vegetables, and other side dishes.