About Spicy Shrimp And Petai ( Bitter Beans) Balado :
Spicy Shrimp And Petai ( Bitter Beans) Balado is a food made from basic ingredients of fresh shrimp, Petai and red chili. Especially Shrimp are large and fresh. The term Balado is derived from the Padang language, West Sumatra, Indonesia, which means food using red peppers are mashed. These foods are eaten together with rice and vegetables. In addition to shrimp and red chili, other commonly used ingredients are Petai, Lime or Tomato, and Onion. Its spicy flavor makes Balado Shrimp And Petai is much preferred by people who like spicy. And now the term Balado is not only used by people in the Western Sumatera but also throughout Indonesia.
The existence of chili and lime or tomatoes make this dish contains many vitamin C and Provitamin A. Fresh shrimp will certainly be a source of animal protein and minerals that are needed by the human body. Thus spicy Shrimp And Petai Balado cuisine is very healthy and nutritious to be a side dish with rice and vegetables.
How to Make spicy Shrimp And Petai Balado Material :
- 500 grams of fresh shrimp
- 200 grams Petai
- 100 grams of red chili
- 20 grams red cayenne pepper
- 4 cm Turmeric
- 10 pieces of red onion
- 2 pieces of Lime or 3 large Tomatoes.
- Cooking oil to taste
- The salt according to taste
How to make :
- Clean Shrimp and remove the head
- Clean Petai.
- Blend Turmeric and Salt. Mix with Shrimp that have been cleaned earlier. Allow for 15 minutes for the seasoning to soak in the Shrimp.
- Boil red Chili, red cayenne pepper, and Tomato
- After the red chili, red cayenne pepper and tomato boiled, then mashed.
- Add red onion and Salt. Puree again.
- Fried Shrimp that have been flavored it all.
- Prepare the skillet. Enter the cooking oil then heat.
- Slice three pieces of red onion put in hot oil in the pan.
- After the yellowish onion, enter the red Chili, red cayenne pepper, and Tomato that has been mashed earlier. Add a little water. Stir until cooked. If you do not use tomatoes, can use lime to taste sour.
- Add Petai. Stir until cooked, and then add shrimp that have been fried earlier. Stir slowly. Spicy shrimp And Petai Balado is ready to serve.
Serving method :
Put the Spicy Shrimp And Petai Balado in a clean, dry dish. Serve with rice and vegetables