About Gold Fish and Petai ( Bitter Bean) Balado
Gold Fish and Petai ( Bitter Bean) Balado are dishes made from the basic ingredients of Gold Fish, red chili and Petai. Fish used mainly marine fish, such as tuna, mackerel or snapper. The term Balado comes from the Padang language, West Sumatra, Indonesia, which means food using crushed red chili. This food is eaten together with rice and vegetables. In addition to fish and chili, other ingredients used are lime or tomato, and red onions. Its spicy taste makes Balado fish much liked by people who like spicy. And now the term Balado is not only used by people in West Sumatra but also throughout Indonesia.
Fresh sea fish is very good for heart health because it contains unsaturated fatty acids. Besides that fish also contain amino acids, vitamins, and minerals that are needed by our body.
The presence of red chili and lime or tomato makes this dish contains a lot of vitamin C and Provitamin A which is useful in maintaining eye and skin health. Thus Balado fish dishes are very healthy and nutritious to be made side dishes with rice and vegetables.
How to Make of Gold Fish and Petai Balado:
- 1 kg of Goldfish
- 100 grams of red chili
- 20 grams of red cayenne pepper
- 4 cm Turmeric
- 10 pieces of red onions
- 2 pieces of lime or 3 large size tomatoes.
- 150 grams of the peeled peel.
- The right amount of oil
- Salt to taste
How to make :
- Cut the Gold fish according to taste, then remove the gills. Clean until there is no more fish blood left.
- Puree turmeric and salt. Mix with the fish that has been cleaned before. Leave for 15 minutes so that the seasoning permeates the Gold fish.
- Boil red peppers, red cayenne peppers and red tomatoes when using tomatoes for sour taste.
- After red pepper, red cayenne pepper and tomatoes are boiled, then mashed.
- Add red onions, and salt, then puree again.
- Fry all the seasoned fish.
- Prepare the pan. Add cooking oil then heat it.
- Slice three onions. Put it in the hot oil in the pan. Add petai, stir until the map is cooked.
- After the onion is yellow, and the map is cooked, add the red chili, red cayenne pepper and tomatoes that have been mashed. Add a little water. Stir until it is seen between oil and water that no longer separates. If you don’t use tomatoes, you can replace them with lime juice for the sour taste.
- Add the fried Gold fish. Stir slowly so that the fish doesn’t break. Delicious and nutritious Gold Fish and Petai Balado are ready to be served.
Serving method :
Place the Gold Fish and Petai Balado in a clean and dry dish. Serve with rice, vegetables and other side dishes.