About Anchovy and Eggplant Balado
Anchovy and Eggplant Balado are food made from Anchovy, Eggplant and red chili. The usual eggplant is purple eggplant. The term Balado is derived from the Padang language, West Sumatra, Indonesia, which means food using red peppers are mashed. These foods are eaten together with rice and vegetables. In addition to eggplant and chili, other ingredients used are lime or tomato, and onion. Its spicy flavor makes this Balado eggplant much preferred by people who like spicy.
Anchovy and Eggplant can be found almost every Restaurant Padang.
Eggplant is a type of vegetables that many preferred by vegetarians. Eggplant contains phytonutrients that keep brain cell membranes that protect all forms of damage. Eggplant contains high fiber so it is good for digestion, heart health, and weight diet. Eggplant also contains minerals and Vitamin E, so it is very good for skin health.
The existence of red and lime peppers or tomatoes make this dish contains many vitamin C and Provitamin A that serves as an antioxidant and good for eye health as well.
How To Make Anchovy and Eggplant Balado
- 1 kg of purple eggplant
- 200 g Anchovy
- 200 grams red chili
- 50 grams red cayenne pepper
- 10 Onions
- 2 pieces of Lime or 3 large Tomatoes.
- Cooking oil to taste
- The salt according to taste
- Water enough.
How to make :
- Clean the purple eggplant, cut to taste. Put it in a pan.
- Add water to wet.
- Add salt to taste. Leave on for 5 minutes.
4. Boil red chili, red cayenne pepper, and tomato when using Tomato.
- After the red chili, red cayenne pepper and tomato boiled, then mashed.
- Add onion, and salt puree again.
- Fried eggplant that has been given salt all of it. Fried Anchovy.
- Prepare the skillet. Enter the cooking oil then heat.
- Slice 3 red onions, put in the hot oil in the pan.
- After the yellow onion, enter the red chili, red cayenne pepper and Tomato that has been mashed earlier. Add a little water. Stir until visible between oil and water is not separated. If you do not use tomatoes, can use lime to taste sour.
- Add the eggplant and anchovy that has been fried earlier, Stir softly so that the eggplant is not destroyed. Anchovy and Eggplant Balado ready to serve.
Serving method :
Serve Anchovy and Eggplant Balado in a clean, dry dish. Eat with rice and vegetables.