1.About Kalio Jengkol (Jengkol Curry)
Kalio Jengkol (Jengkol Curry) is a dish made from Jengkol as the main ingredient plus. This food is highly favored by the people of Padang, West Sumatra, Indonesia. Kalio Jengkol ( Jengkol curry) is eaten with rice and vegetables as a side dish. Kalio Jengkol (Jengkol Curry) is very delicious so much liked people. Other ingredients used include red chili, red cayenne pepper, turmeric, ginger, galangal, red onion, garlic, lime leaves, turmeric leaves and lemongrass.
Red chilies, many contain Vitamin C, Provitamin A and Minerals are needed by our bodies. Vitamin A and C are useful for maintaining healthy eyes and skin. Coupled with the Jengkol source of protein, Minerals, Vitamin A and Vitamin C add nutritional this cuisine. Spices like turmeric and ginger are also very beneficial for the body because of its content. Read Too: Kalio Daging Sapi ( Beef Curry)
2. The ingredients used in cooking Kalio Jengkol
- 1 kg of Jengkol
- 150 grams red chili
- 50 grams red cayenne pepper
- 3 centimeters Turmeric and then clean the exterior
- 3 cm Ginger and then clean the exterior
- 4 cm Galangal and then clean the exterior
- 10 pieces of red onion
- 10 cloves of Garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Coriander
- 2 leaves of Turmeric
- 5 lime leaves
- 2 stems of lemongrass
- coconut milk from 1 coconut
- the salt according to taste, and water enough
3. Step to make Kalio Jengkol
- Clean Jengkol, then boil until cooked.
- Blend the red Chili, red cayenne pepper, Turmeric, Ginger, Galangal, Red onion, Garlic, Pepper, and Coriander.
- Prepare the skillet.
- Enter Jengkol that has been boiled earlier.
- Enter also the spice that has been smoothed earlier. Stir well.
- Wash the lime leaves, add the mixture. Add the turmeric leaves that have been washed.
- Wash the lemongrass and enter.
- Add the coconut milk and water to taste all submerged.
- Enter salt according to taste
- Heat over medium heat. Support slowly. Wait until boiling and make sure Jengkol is cooked. Kalio Jengkol is delicious, healthy and nutritious ready to serve.
4. How to serve Kalio Jengkol
Serve Kalio Jengkol in a clean, and dry dish. Complete with rice and vegetables.