Ikan Balado ( Spicy Fried Fish) is a food made from basic ingredients Fish and red chili. Fish used mainly marine fish. Fish commonly made for Ikan Balado ( Spicy Fried Fish) is Tuna Fish, Kembung fish, Snapper or Grouper fish. These foods are eaten together with rice and vegetables. In addition to fish and chili, other ingredients used are lime or tomato, and red onion. Spicy flavor makes this Ikan Balado ( Spicy Fried Fish) much preferred by people who like spicy. And now the term Balado is not only used by people in West Sumatra, Indonesia but also throughout Indonesia. Because many who like this dish then this Ikan Balado can be found almost every Restaurant Padang.
Fresh sea fish is very good for heart health because it contains unsaturated fatty acids. In addition, the fish also contains amino acids, vitamins, and minerals that are needed by our bodies. The existence of red and lime peppers or tomatoes make this dish contains many vitamin C and Provitamin A which is useful for maintaining eye health and skin. Thus Ikan Balado( Spicy Fried Fish) cuisine is very healthy and nutritious to be a side dish with rice and vegetables. Read Too : Dendeng Balado ( Spicy Beef Jerky)
2. The ingredients used in cooking Ikan Balado ( Spicy Fried Fish)
- 1 kg of Tuna Fish,
- 200 grams of red chili,
- 50 grams red cayenne pepper,
- 4 cm Turmeric,
- 10 pieces of red onion,
- 2 pieces of Lime or 3 large Tomatoes,
- cooking oil to taste, and salt according to taste.
3. Step to make Ikan Balado:
- Cut the Tongkol fish or Tuna Fish according to taste, then remove the gills.
- Clean until no more fish blood is left.
- Blend turmeric and salt.
- Mix with the fish that had been cleaned earlier.
- Allow for 15 minutes for the spices to soak in the Tongkol fish or the Tuna.
- Red Chilli Boil, red cayenne pepper, and red tomatoes when using Tomato to taste sour.
- After red chili, red cayenne pepper and tomato boiled, then mashed. Add red onion, and Salt, then puree again.
- Fried fish that has been flavored everything.
- Prepare the skillet. Enter the cooking oil then heat. Sliced three onion grains.
- Put it in the hot oil that is in the pan.
- After the yellow onion, enter the red Chili, red pepper, and Tomato that has been mashed earlier.
- Add a little water. Stir until it is visible between oil and water is no longer separated. If not using tomatoes can be replaced by using lemon juice to taste sour. Add Fish that has been fried earlier. Stir slowly so that the fish is not destroyed. A tasty, healthy and nutritious Ikan Balado ( Spicy Fried Fish)is ready to serve.
4. How to serve Ikan Balado( Spicy Fried Fish)
Place Ikan Balado ( Spicy Fried Fish) in a clean, dry dish. Serve with rice, vegetables, and other side dishes.