1. About Ayam Lado Mudo (Green Chilli Chicken)
Ayam Lado Mudo (Green Chilli Chicken) is a food made with fresh chicken and green chili. These foods are eaten together with rice and vegetables. In addition to fresh chicken and green chili, other ingredients used are red onion, lime or green tomatoes. Spicy taste makes Ayam Lado Mudo (Green Chilli Chicken) is much preferred by people who like spicy, especially teenagers. Because many who like this dish then this Ayam Lado Mudo (Green Chilli Chicken) can be found almost every Restaurant Padang, Indonesia.
Fresh chicken meat contains high protein so it is needed in the formation of cells and tissues. Chicken also contains lots of iron which is useful in the formation of red blood cells. In addition, chicken meat also contains minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, and others that are very useful for the growth of bones and teeth of children.
Green chili and lime or green tomatoes contain lots of vitamin C and Provitamin A. Thus Ayam Lado Mudo (Green Chilli Chicken) is very healthy and nutritious to be a side dish with rice and vegetables. Read Too: Sambalado Mudo Teri
2. The ingredients used in cooking Ayam Lado Mudo (Green Chilli Chicken)
- 1 kg fresh chicken meat,
- 200 grams green chili,
- 50 grams of green cayenne pepper,
- 4 cm turmeric,
- 4 cm ginger,
- 1 teaspoon of pepper,
- 10 cloves of garlic,
- 10 pieces of red onion,
- 2 lime or 3 large green tomatoes,
- Cooking oil to taste,
- The salt according to taste.
3. Step to make Ayam Lado Mudo(Green Chilli Chicken)
- Clean chicken meat, then cut to size according to taste.
- Puree Pepper, Turmeric, Ginger, Garlic, and Salt. Mix with chicken meat that has been cleaned earlier.
- Add lime juice. Leave 30 minutes for the seasoning to soak in the chicken meat.
- Boil green chili, green cayenne pepper, and green tomatoes when using tomatoes for 5 minutes. After cool, the material is smoothed.
- Fried chicken that has been flavored all of it. Prepare the skillet. Enter the cooking oil then heat.
- Sliced three onion grains, put in the hot oil in the pan. After the yellowish onion, enter the green chili, green cayenne pepper and Tomato that has been mashed earlier. Add a little water. Stir until cooked. If you do not use tomatoes, can use lemon juice to taste sour.
- Add chicken meat that has been fried, Stir slowly so that the fried chicken is not destroyed. Lado Mudo Chicken is ready to serve.
4. How to Serve Ayam Lado Mudo (Green Chilli Chicken)
Put the Lado Mudo Chicken(Green Chilli Chicken) in a clean, dry dish. Serve with rice and vegetables.