1. About Sampadeh (Spicy Fish )
Sampadeh (Spicy Fish )is a food made from fish, especially marine fish plus fresh natural spice herbs. This food is very famous in Padang, West Sumatra, Indonesia This food is eaten with rice and vegetables as a side dish. Spicy and sour taste is very inviting appetite. Other additives include Red Chili, Turmeric, Ginger, Red Onion. To taste the acid can use Kandis or Lime or Tomato, depending on taste.
The large red chili and the presence of lime and tomatoes make this dish contains many Vitamin C, provitamin A, and minerals that are needed by our bodies. Coupled with the presence of fresh marine fish that is a source of protein and minerals that are useful for the growth of new cells and repair of damaged cells and tissues. Spices such as Turmeric and Ginger are also very beneficial for the body because of its content. This dish also does not use cooking oil but only boiled so good for people with high blood pressure and for people with high cholesterol.
2. The ingredients used in cooking Sampadeh (Spicy Fish)
1 kg of Tuna Fish, 200 grams of red chili, 50 grams red cayenne pepper, 3 cm Turmeric, clean the exterior, 3 cm Ginger, clean the exterior, 10 pieces of red onion, 2 pieces of turmeric leaves, 5 pieces of Kandis Acid or 3 pieces of Lime or 5 large Tomatoes, Salt according to taste, and water enough.
3. Step to make Sampadeh (Spicy Fish)
- Clean the tuna fish, remove the gills.
- Cut the fish with the size according to taste.
- Clean again until the fish’s blood does not exist.
- Blend the red Chili, red pepper, Turmeric, Ginger, and Red Onion.
- Prepare the skillet. Enter the fish that has been cleaned earlier.
- Enter also the spice that has been smoothed earlier. Stir well.
- Leave on for 5 minutes. Add Kandis Acid that has been cleaned or lime juice, or tomatoes that have been sliced. Add the turmeric leaves that have been washed, enough water until the fish is all submerged, salt according to taste. Close the skillet. Heat over medium heat. No need to stir. Wait until boiling for 15 minutes and make sure the fish is cooked. Sampadeh is ready to serve.
4. How to serve Sampadeh (Spicy Fish)
Serve the Sampadeh in a clean, dry dish. Complete with rice and vegetables.